Friday, August 1, 2008
The arrival
Photobucket

I've finally had my hands on this brand *new DSLR camera. Meet the seller at AMK Mac yesterday and he was nice enough to meet me there even though he stays in Sembawang. Inspected the camera and everything is as good as it was promised. He even brought along his own battery so that I could test it out as the battery in the box was still not charged. Final price $680 because the seller insist that I keep the remaining $4. So happy!!!

Initially was deciding between Sony and Olympus but luckily I bought the Olympus model instead. Sony's DSLR are huge and bulky! This fits me well. Now the only thing I have to do is to figure out how to use it to its potential. It really has a great deal of functions for exploration! Much more complicated than my pro consumer camera or maybe I’ve been too accustomed to that camera already.

Photobucket
Here's a test shot. I'm loving it!

With 10mega pixel, the image could be blown up to a4 size and still remain crystal clear. Great! From now on I could go light on photoshop.

*I must explicitly highlight this as everyone thinks that it’s a used product because of the very fact that it’s bought from someone else. It’s brand new! Even the plastic over the LCD screen of the camera is still intact. How cool is that?

Labels: