Thursday, August 28, 2008
The day when the ground shook
I had another terrible week because of a series of unfortunate incidents that happened. It all started last sunday night. I'm more or less done with my readings and had even made plans to watch the olympic closing. It was until I received a call from Daniel to inform me about the list of stuff we had to produce when we meet our lecturer on mon and wed that got me so tensed up. The initial ideas that I've sent to my lecturer were all rejected-she said it didn't match the brand's personality. I didn't really panic over it because I'm still taking my own sweet time to churn for those ideas. Decided to email my lecturer a new set of ideas on monday morning as I thought she doesn't respond to emails over the weekend. (That's when I'm so totally wrong about it. Daniel told me she replied to his email and one of his ideas had been approved) I was shocked and I knew I had to drop her an email with my ideas by that night itself. Yes and I did came up with 4 ideas!

Monday came and I was still feeling tensed because I would be attending her class later in the afternoon to present my essay topics (I'm still struggling with my topic) Just before I left the house, I checked my mail again to see if my lecturer replied. Actually it's funny because on monday morning I figured that I could still consult her with regards to my studio project as she's also taking me for theory class. But in any case she replied to my email. Out of the 4 ideas, she said the last idea was a cute story and it works but not creative enough (Goodness! She's expecting for a groundbreaking idea!) Along with the ideas, I've attached my revised SOI too! (SOI=Statement of Intent) My first draft of the SOI had only 2 to 3 comments from my lecturer, of which were minor spelling mistakes. The second one that came back had a long list of comments!! (What a shock!) But those comments were made so that I could mull over them to generate for better ideas-which means my lecturer is still waiting for the groundbreaking idea! Gosh! I'm left with so little time as wednesday is the presentation. Met my lecturer that afternoon and there's still something wrong with the essay topic!! Double rejection in a day! That feeling sure didn't feel good. After class, went to the school's library to work on my ideas (Actually I didn't feel so bad when I found out that my ideas were rejected because I know they lack that spark... My main concern was the time factor) Sat at the library for probably about an hr but nothing fantastic came up at all. Ended up reading this book called "How to get ideas" Haha just exactly what I needed. It sure does provide a lot of great insight. After that, decided to catch a movie (12 lotus) to unwind. It was during the bus journey when something came into my mind but I got it in chinese! I just wasn't able to translate it to english! So I jot it down and enjoy my movie instead.

12 lotus-goodness! what a show for my stressful and emo day! Way too perfect because it was such a sad show that made me cry non-stop but there were snippets of comedy that made me smile too. Came home after the movie and my mind went back to generating ideas. Didn't know why, when I'm home, there's a great deal of things that irritated me. To a point whereby I experience headache! It was then... ideas and insight start crawling in. Just nice for the local brand I've chosen-Axe Brand Medicated Oil.

Tuesday came and I tried to polish up my ideas in the morning, rendered and finish up my storyboard in the evening. Decided to print my work at the nearby printing shop only to realise it was closed. I felt so crappy within and could only result to the last minute printing at school. That would mean fighting with the crowd if everyone were to print their work that morning. Then there's a call from my boss too! There's work extension! I need to finish my last project first then can leave! Sad man. It's totally a day to experience Murphy's law-what can go wrong, will go wrong!

Wednesday. Left the house late and I was blaming myself for it. The traffic in the morning was slow moving and that really worried me alot. I fear that I will be late for the presentation. Just as I was making my way to the printing shop, I saw Andrena. Then, there's Joy and Daniel at the shop too. Surprisingly we had all our work printed, mounted and even have some time to chill. Entered class and it was "The Presentation". I was so ready in giving my lecturer a heart attack because it's either she like the idea or she'll think it's crap. Have already decided not to rely on my lecturer's opinion because I highly doubt she'll be checking her mail. It's time I start standing on my own. The outcome? Brilliant! With thumbs up! I should think the ground gave way... and it made my day! Looks like things are starting to turn out for the better.

Congrats Jacq! You made it!!

Now i just have to work on my essay topic.

Labels: ,