Sunday, September 21, 2008
One small world
I'm finally done with the book "For one more day" by Mitch Albom. Indeed it's another good book but i still prefer "Tuesdays with Morrie" more.

Attended Cheryl's 21st birthday party yesterday and thought it's quite cool. Can't believe the world is this small! There were so many familar faces around and one thing that caught me by surprise was Hui Shen's appearance! Didn't know she knows Cheryl too! Indeed a small world. Anyway, i thought it was sweet of Cheryl to give her guests goodie bags. That's something new.

Attended mass today and wow! I'm struck by Fr Andrew's sermon and it's been quite awhile since i could really keep focus during mass. Glad that I could keep focus on this one. (Matt 20:1-16) Great parable. I could identify with the vineyard workers who worked all day and was payed equally the amount as those that came late. So much to complain. So much unfairness. So much envy. Here's one story by Fr Andrew that could sum it all up. A woodcutter without fail visits a shrine, praying to God every morning before he goes off to work and does the same thing when he comes home. So 1 day Jesus appeared to him in his dreams saying:"You have been faithful and I have decided to reward you by granting you with 3 wishes. Ask for anything and it will be given unto you." So the man thought for quite sometime and think to himself...his wife has been the root to the problem of all his misery so he wished for his wife to be dead! His wish was granted and the next day his wife passed away. So at the funeral, many people came. The neighbours started saying she's such a good wife...etc. So the man regretted and wished for his wife to be alive. Now that he is left with 1 last wish, he need to be very sure about what he wished for. He prayed whole day but find no signs. He then went to gather his friends and ask for their opinions. They sure gave him alot of creative ideas. But the man still wasn't sure about it. Then one night, Jesus appeared to his dreams and said, "You have so many things on your mind that you wished for. Why not wish for the gift of contentment?" And the man did, from then on, he lived a happy life. Nice story. I wish I could ask for that gift of contentment too then all the wild chasing could stop.

Oh and so glad Cheryl gets to keep the pet hamster mm and I bought for her because her parents were strict about having a pet at home. Hammie has a new name and it's called: WinTee Hammie aka WTH Gosh! She's really what the heck to even come up with such a name!! Hehe.

Labels: ,