I had such a jam-packed and tiring holiday! Especially the week that had just passed. Was so caught up with all the preparation for the degree show and it's finally done! I can rest for awhile now.
It's quite funny too because I never knew lecturers and students can be friends. Maybe it's me. I have that preconceived mentality that lecturers are lecturers and students are students. An imaginary line is drawn to set both apart. It was until recently when my ex lecturer started talking to me. Usually in school when I bump into her, it's just a hi and bye thing but recently it went beyond that. I remembered there was this particular day when I was irritated, demoralized and disappointed with the school because they gave us cardboard boxes for our display and the diploma students get white pedestals, white wall panels and nice lighting instead. So unfair! I was in such a whiny mode that I ended up complaining to her and she shared with me about how screwed up the school and ICT department were. I don't remember how but the conversion started to divert and she ended up giving me ideas on how I should display my name cards. To the extent of wanting to lend me her muji name card holder. So funny!
Then there was also this other lecturer whom I mentioned before in one of my earlier blog entry. She's even more funny! Yesterday, at the degree show opening, one of my friends wanted to ask if parking coupon is available to students. So I called her up to ask her about it and she was nice enough to direct us where to get it and so on. A few hours later, she called me up on my mobile and started telling me that she lost her staff pass and I was like, "oh no...then how??" At the back of my mind I was wondering how come she come and tell me she lost her staff pass? It was shortly after then she realised she had called the wrong person because my number appeared first in the call list. It's super funny! Lecturers-when you get to know them, you start to see the fun side of who they are.
After the degree opening, we went to catch a midnight movie - Angels and Demons. Art direction was really cool. After watching the movie, it made me feel like traveling to Rome to visit the pope and I've also decided, next time I want to travel to Rome to see the statue of Saint Teresa of Avila!
It's quite funny too because I never knew lecturers and students can be friends. Maybe it's me. I have that preconceived mentality that lecturers are lecturers and students are students. An imaginary line is drawn to set both apart. It was until recently when my ex lecturer started talking to me. Usually in school when I bump into her, it's just a hi and bye thing but recently it went beyond that. I remembered there was this particular day when I was irritated, demoralized and disappointed with the school because they gave us cardboard boxes for our display and the diploma students get white pedestals, white wall panels and nice lighting instead. So unfair! I was in such a whiny mode that I ended up complaining to her and she shared with me about how screwed up the school and ICT department were. I don't remember how but the conversion started to divert and she ended up giving me ideas on how I should display my name cards. To the extent of wanting to lend me her muji name card holder. So funny!
Then there was also this other lecturer whom I mentioned before in one of my earlier blog entry. She's even more funny! Yesterday, at the degree show opening, one of my friends wanted to ask if parking coupon is available to students. So I called her up to ask her about it and she was nice enough to direct us where to get it and so on. A few hours later, she called me up on my mobile and started telling me that she lost her staff pass and I was like, "oh no...then how??" At the back of my mind I was wondering how come she come and tell me she lost her staff pass? It was shortly after then she realised she had called the wrong person because my number appeared first in the call list. It's super funny! Lecturers-when you get to know them, you start to see the fun side of who they are.
After the degree opening, we went to catch a midnight movie - Angels and Demons. Art direction was really cool. After watching the movie, it made me feel like traveling to Rome to visit the pope and I've also decided, next time I want to travel to Rome to see the statue of Saint Teresa of Avila!
Labels: school

