Sunday, November 8, 2009
Work & Play
Surprisingly I managed to survive the week without the traffic. I thought life in the office would be horrible because there isn't anyone to look after me but God himself watch over me instead. I remembered that during mid-week some arrows flew and indeed I was shot but somehow I manage to escape it. Thank God! But unfortunately it wasn't the case with my FA friend. Seems like things were way better when the traffic was around.

Then it further led me to think about this traffic as a person. It felt like she made a huge impact on people's life because even my seniors only have good things to say about her. Though just 3 years older than me but she's good at what she does and her thoughts are extremely matured except for the occasional random and ridiculous statement she makes like asking me to take a stroll and eat my lunch when I'm super busy and have no time to spare. Sometimes the things she said would blow me away because I never expected someone with that chao ah lian aura would think and act like the way she does. It even surprises me when she shared with me how vulnerable she used to be at the start of her career. Often bullied by mean and nasty people but now she looks as if she was made of steel. It's quite a pity that she isn't an art director or else I think she would be a good mentor for me. Then again, she's a traffic for a reason so that she can watch my back and stand up for justice. :)

Anyway I think my weekend is pretty cool! Left the office super early on friday and met up with mm to celebrate her birthday. She arrived much later than me but thank God there was yy to keep me company on the phone! Soooo sweet of her! The phone call caught me by surprise though! When I first answered the call I was still figuring out who it was...a familiar yet unfamiliar voice. Lucky I even manage to answer the call because I have a habit of not answering unfamiliar numbers. Yes! And yy loves to remind me of the incident that happened on my birthday. She called from the states but i was rushing for the last train home and didn't manage to answer the call. After that I was super dui! Haha!

Rebel was quite alright...and i still couldn't get over mm's let's buy a jug request. I was super shocked but went ahead with it because the birthday girl gets to be queen! mm drank half and i drank half but immediately after that, she said, "I'm gone". The best part is...we haven't even step into the dance floor at all! For a moment she made me panic but luckily she wasn't that drunk. Phew!

The next memorable event that happened over the weekend is our J&C sports club event-the term coined by Cheryl. We went cycling yesterday and half the time Faith was telling me it's going to rain! Thanks Faith! First thing I woke up on a saturday morning I'm greeted by Faith's sms telling me that it'll be raining in the early and late afternoon because we initially plan to cycle on Satuday instead. Thank God it didn't rained at all even though I saw dark clouds along the way. We planned for a 4 hr cycling trip as we wanted to cycle to changi beach but somehow we ended up walking more than we cycled. Spent like 2 hours walking! Cheryl said we had just completed our 10k walkathon. It's really funny because we wanted to rent a bike at the further end instead so we don't have to cycle that much to return the bike. Yeah we sure didn't cycle much because we spent half the time walking! Haha and by the time we got there, we could only rent the bike for awhile because the shop's almost closing. Totally what the heck! But dinner's great! Yummy rojak, stingray and kang kong!

I'm looking forward to the upcoming friday too! Because we plan to go visit the Singapore Sling. WeeeeEeeee! And I wonder if it's really that nice! mm just in case u see this...and if you're free you could join us too :)

Labels: , ,