It's very disappointing to know that it took me half a year to see through someone's true colours. Lately I've been thinking about the advertising industry and the people around me. Indeed it's a super bitchy environment filled with loads of politics.
I was just thinking about the "nice" operation manager that I regard as my guardian. I always thought she was an upright person that fights for justice but lately I'm thinking otherwise. It all began when my crazy copywriter went on leave and I had the chance to witness the entire scenario of backstabbing and bad mouthing. Gosh and the worst part is my crazy copywriter didn't even know the one who stab him was his good buddy. I felt absolutely sad for him man. Even that nice operation manager had a share in it. I went to share the entire scenario to my intern friend and she felt sad for him too. Somehow she told me to beware of the group of people especially the operation manager. Although she couldn't pin point what was exactly wrong with her at that point of time but I went home and started thinking about it and realised she wasn't that nice as i thought she was!
Back in the past, I remembered when I had to be attached to another side and do crappy stuff. She had a part to play! Yet she still have the cheek to announce it in front of me that she told my boss I was not up to the level yet. I guess guilt must have knocked on her doorstep when she sees me so upset about the arrangement. She tried to comfort me by saying all the nice and positive stuff. On top of that, she had a part to play in persuading me to join the company. Saying nobody will dare bully me over here and that my 2 other seniors are willing to teach. Indeed they're a pack of lies and bullshit! As I was sharing these with my intern friend, we found out that she actually knew the truth. She knew my seniors are leaving yet she still persuade me to join. Total regret man! Should have listened to bubbly senior's advice of leaving the company. I missed the moment and now I'm suffering its effect. I still remembered the other incident of the operation manager delegating a final artwork job to me even when I was extremely busy handling an art director's job. She is also the traffic-one that is in-charge of the work flow and job delegation but she didn't stand up for me at all. Thanks to bubbly senior at that point of time who was handling that project and she spare me from doing that job because she said I'm an art director and I should do an art director's job instead.
Thank God for giving me wisdom! Luckily I was also smart enough to think that the operation manager had a direct contact with my boss and that I shouldn't share too much personal things with her. Although there were many times when I had the urge to share them with her but i held back eventually.
Yet on the other hand, although I wasn't very close to bubbly senior because I would only go to her once in a blue moon to let her check my work, she actually treat me very well. She always look after me in ways I would not even know. Especially recently when she called me in the office to introduce job to me. She told me that I lack a mentor and the person she recommends is good at guiding. Gosh! She's extremely nice! Great person with big heart! May dear God bless her even more. On some days my mind would just playback the advice she gave to me. Sigh!!! I miss my seniors again!
In the meantime...have to discern if I should leave or stay.
I was just thinking about the "nice" operation manager that I regard as my guardian. I always thought she was an upright person that fights for justice but lately I'm thinking otherwise. It all began when my crazy copywriter went on leave and I had the chance to witness the entire scenario of backstabbing and bad mouthing. Gosh and the worst part is my crazy copywriter didn't even know the one who stab him was his good buddy. I felt absolutely sad for him man. Even that nice operation manager had a share in it. I went to share the entire scenario to my intern friend and she felt sad for him too. Somehow she told me to beware of the group of people especially the operation manager. Although she couldn't pin point what was exactly wrong with her at that point of time but I went home and started thinking about it and realised she wasn't that nice as i thought she was!
Back in the past, I remembered when I had to be attached to another side and do crappy stuff. She had a part to play! Yet she still have the cheek to announce it in front of me that she told my boss I was not up to the level yet. I guess guilt must have knocked on her doorstep when she sees me so upset about the arrangement. She tried to comfort me by saying all the nice and positive stuff. On top of that, she had a part to play in persuading me to join the company. Saying nobody will dare bully me over here and that my 2 other seniors are willing to teach. Indeed they're a pack of lies and bullshit! As I was sharing these with my intern friend, we found out that she actually knew the truth. She knew my seniors are leaving yet she still persuade me to join. Total regret man! Should have listened to bubbly senior's advice of leaving the company. I missed the moment and now I'm suffering its effect. I still remembered the other incident of the operation manager delegating a final artwork job to me even when I was extremely busy handling an art director's job. She is also the traffic-one that is in-charge of the work flow and job delegation but she didn't stand up for me at all. Thanks to bubbly senior at that point of time who was handling that project and she spare me from doing that job because she said I'm an art director and I should do an art director's job instead.
Thank God for giving me wisdom! Luckily I was also smart enough to think that the operation manager had a direct contact with my boss and that I shouldn't share too much personal things with her. Although there were many times when I had the urge to share them with her but i held back eventually.
Yet on the other hand, although I wasn't very close to bubbly senior because I would only go to her once in a blue moon to let her check my work, she actually treat me very well. She always look after me in ways I would not even know. Especially recently when she called me in the office to introduce job to me. She told me that I lack a mentor and the person she recommends is good at guiding. Gosh! She's extremely nice! Great person with big heart! May dear God bless her even more. On some days my mind would just playback the advice she gave to me. Sigh!!! I miss my seniors again!
In the meantime...have to discern if I should leave or stay.

