Sunday, May 2, 2010
Upset
I think I'm not happy being where I am right now. I don't even enjoy doing the things I do even if I'm in a bigger firm already. Last week, I'm quite shocked that the operation director told me that she wants to try me out for one month and after that convert me full time as a designer/FA artist. (What the heck?!??!??) Who said that I wanna be a FA artist?? Being a designer is bad enough already. It's quite far off from being an art director and by putting me to be in a FA artist position is even worst. My portfolio will be empty by the end of all these. I can't believe all these nonsense that's going around. Initially she told me she wants to convert me to be junior but now tell me designer/fa artist. Dear Mr G, you gotta be kidding me man! Why do I always encounter the pirates?

It's so bad that I really didn't feel like going to work at all. Felt like quitting immediately. The jobs given are all so crappy and they actually treat me like an FA artist! Else is drag me to assist the junior designer. More like the junior designer cannot finish her work that's why I have to be in the picture. *rolls eyes. I'm so annoyed.

Now I'm thinking maybe I should go join a smaller firm and learn everything there. At least there will be things in my portfolio. Seriously...being in a big firm but stuck in a position that's far off from what I had in mind and in the long run I don't think there's even a possibility to switch position. I guess I'm not ready to conquer the biggies yet. Maybe next time then. At least I manage to be on both sides before and can roughly gauge what's suitable for me. Sigh! I don't understand why do I always have to encounter all these nonsense? In the mean time, shall go knock on the senior's mentor's door and see if the position is still available. I can't believe I'm back at this again!

Dear Mr G, please don't tell me I've made the wrong decision.

Labels: ,