Friday, December 17, 2010
Sunshine
For a moment I thought sunshine has entered into my workplace. I was pretty happy with where I am, comfortable and having fun with the people in there. But on a second thought, I guess I was wrong.

I love field trips...going to places and not staying inside the office. Somehow I ended up going to places on my own without the mentor. By right the mentor was suppose to be there to guide me along but I just went on my own to figure things out alone because the mentor wasn't free. Ever since the day I decided that it's no use depending on the mentor, I think that thought was absolutely right. It's much better this way too. Then I realised I was much happier these days because I was no longer in the sight of the mentor. The office was under renovation and I complained that my area was dusty and requested to sit inside the meeting room together with the freelancer and newbies. The temperature was just nice unlike the cold winter place outside. It was more like a cosy corner for me plus the funny bunch of people in there. That sunshine kinda ended a little yesterday. When I had to stay back to do my work and everyone from my mini clique left and I was left with the mentor's clique. It's quite a nightmare because I could sense myself experiencing a sort of fear and awkwardness being around them. Somehow when the new office renovation is done I would have to move back to the cold outdoor and be in the sight of the mentor again. By then, I'll end up being the quiet me again. Sigh!

Labels: