Friday, December 24, 2010
The unexpected
I guess I'm destined to be in my current company but sometimes I still wish I was in a bigger agency with the right title. It's just my little dream that I wish it could be fulfilled someday.

Then again, I think the sun rays are hitting the workplace already. I could almost feel the sunshine suddenly. I remembered enduring through the depressing 5 months and it often triggered that "I want to quit" thought at the back of my head. For the past 5 months I was complaining every single day. Lately it's beginning to be otherwise. I'm beginning to see some light in this situation. Though my mentor wasn't exceptionally as inspiring as my 3 other seniors in the past. But he's been very patience with me. He's been giving me opportunities to learn. Many times I've made alot of mistakes along the way...some of which are so bad that it could cost the company to lose loads of money. But the mentor covered that up for me. Although at times I would get lectured but after the lecture, the mentor would somehow sit down and explain things to me. Though I'm a junior but he always said that in front of everyone else he would never address me as a junior. Guess the mentor is not so bad after all. Just that sometimes I fail to see the goodness from it.

Oh and the mentor gave everyone of us an ipad except the newbies! Woo hoo with our names engraved on it too! *super shocked still! On top of that...the boss presented me with a letter too. That was even more unexpected because on it states that I'll be getting a pay raise. Suddenly I just felt that I didn't deserve the pay raise man. Though I've been complaining about my low-paying salary but because of the amount of mistakes I made, i guess i deserve the low salary. Now that there's a reasonable pay, guess I better work hard and do well in what I got to do.

Dear Lord, thank you for blessing me with such a mentor and I thank you even more for the trials I've been through so that now I could look back and smile because I've grown out of it already.

Labels: , ,