Saturday, January 22, 2011
Feeling for others
It's strange how prayers could connect people and how you could just sense a certain emotion for a stranger. Today at amplify's meeting, we were doing the usual petition and thanksgiving. I was reading this particular person's intention and I rattled a short prayer for this person but when I'm done with the prayer, Karen said she would like us to lay hands and pray over her because she's feeling something for this person. So we did and Faith shaft the song sheet at my face and said,"Let's sing this song." Which is Our Father by Don Moen. Somehow it was a very appropriate song. The chrous struck me:
"our father who art in heaven
hallowed be thy name'
our father hear us from heaven
forgive our sins we pray"

At the words, "forgive our sins we pray." I broke down in tears uncontrollably. Somehow I could feel that this person was struggling with sins. Then the bible passage: “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." just came to mind. Once I prayed for god's forgiveness of sins for this person, I felt better. It's just how Mister G works that sometimes caught me by surprise.

By the way, I was super broke this month after paying for my air ticket to world youth day. Then out of the blue today, I saw grace and she said," I owe you money!" I was just puzzled. Why would she owe me money?? Then she hand me a $10 note and said it's for ayd. It was then i remembered. Somehow the $10 came at the right time. Isn't it strange? 2 weeks ago I was at grace's house but she didn't mention anything about returning me money. But now when I'm feeling kind of broke, money just pop out from nowhere. Praise God for all the good things in life.

Even though I was feeling a little terrible this morning because of what my writer did yesterday night. Somehow this praying for others just made me felt alot better.

On a side note, I'm hoping that I can divorce my current writer and find another working partner instead. Someone nice and experienced who writes well, fast and can think of ideas, a personality that I can click with and go crazy with. Someone who is responsible and more focus on the job. A writer that can speak and present well too. Seems like I have a list of criteria to meet. I guess it takes awhile to meet that right person. But dear Lord, nothing is impossible for you. I remember praying for another writer when I was working with this senior copywriter and you gave me another who is super duper inexperienced. So i prayed for an experienced one and you grant me this current one. Though experience as she is, but somehow the attitude just wasn't right. So dear Mister G, I believe and know you'll answer my above prayer in time to come.

Labels: