This is some old news but I just decided to blog about it anyway. A week ago I was troubled and disturbed by the negative things my mentor said about my colleague. I didn't know if I should tell her about it or should I just hold it back. I tried holding back but it wasn't successful at all. In the midst of trying to console my colleague, I guess she could sense that I was hiding something from her. Eventually I told her everything. At that point, I wasn't even sure whether I did the right thing or not. But all I could say was that I felt so much better after that. Initially I was worried that she would break down and cry. Else is fuming with anger and had that immediate thought of quitting running through her mind. To my surprise, she handled the whole situation so well that even I was amazed! The following day she even spoke to her boss about things that were bothering her and all the mess was soon cleared up. It's nice to see her smiling again. I like it when people are happy! :)
But yet on the other hand I'm a little annoyed with the mentor. He totally puts me at a spot big time. I'm not even sure where he gets all the negative impression from. Maybe it's the hierarchy thing he had in mind. He totally disregard the suits. If an analogy could be made, he would classify the suits as second class citizen while the creatives are the elites. Must we draw the line so clearly?? It's not as if the suits aren't human. I'm guessing that, he doesn't like the creatives to hang out so much with the suits and vice versa. He doesn't like it when the suits are hovering around the creatives. But when it comes to making friends, some things are inevitable. Can't help it when I could click so well with the suit! I'm sure if my colleague was a creative, such things wouldn't have arise because I have never experienced such problem before when I was super close with the previous AD. It's just so difficult! Somedays the mentor just drives me nuts big time. I'm just hoping that there won't come a day when something major happens and both of us would get lectured by him big time. It'll be devastating!
But yet on the other hand I'm a little annoyed with the mentor. He totally puts me at a spot big time. I'm not even sure where he gets all the negative impression from. Maybe it's the hierarchy thing he had in mind. He totally disregard the suits. If an analogy could be made, he would classify the suits as second class citizen while the creatives are the elites. Must we draw the line so clearly?? It's not as if the suits aren't human. I'm guessing that, he doesn't like the creatives to hang out so much with the suits and vice versa. He doesn't like it when the suits are hovering around the creatives. But when it comes to making friends, some things are inevitable. Can't help it when I could click so well with the suit! I'm sure if my colleague was a creative, such things wouldn't have arise because I have never experienced such problem before when I was super close with the previous AD. It's just so difficult! Somedays the mentor just drives me nuts big time. I'm just hoping that there won't come a day when something major happens and both of us would get lectured by him big time. It'll be devastating!

