It finally came to an end - I'm through with my third advertising company. As the day ended yesterday, my heart was just overwhelmed by this great sense of happiness. I just kept smiling non-stop that even when my boss came to give me a handshake, he was extremely puzzled by how happy I was. He just went on to say,"I hope you'll regret." I guess for now, I can safely say that I won't regret this decision. If ever there's any regret, that would only be applicable to my first company. Still the memories back then when i first started out were a lot more vivid than the present.
Not particularly sure what have I gained in this place. But one thing for certain is that, I've forged many friendships in here that I no longer call them colleagues but friends instead. Soon, I'll even be neighbours with 2 of them. One very surprising thing is that there's so many nice people in here except you know who.. Genuinely nice sort of people. I'm thankful for every single one of them for making my working experience a lot more fruitful and wholesome.
Of late, if you have noticed in my recent entries, I hardly address my boss as my mentor anymore. I've decided to strip him away from such title because I don't find myself looking up to him at all. You can say that he has somehow lost my respect for him. But the strange thing is, he seems to dote on me somehow. I'm not exactly sure why either. I'm not that apple polisher sort and I just mind my own business. Even at times when I made a mistake, I could get away with it but definitely not with some others.
My farewell was fairly similarly to the other 2 suits whom he dotes a lot. I received that same picture frame with messages from different colleagues. Some of which gives me goosebumps after reading. In summary, it just ended on a good note. I've learnt from the past that it's not nice to burn bridges so I've saved all the unnecessary thoughts for here instead.
Actually I'm still questioning about my promotion. I wonder if I have grown as an art director but i wasn't aware of it? (I guess I'll have to test this out in my new workplace to know.) Or I might still have a junior art director's skill and mentality? Lately there's even this queer message from one of my ex-colleagues that says my new boss and his ex senior head thinks my work is good. Isn't it too quick on jumping the gun? I have yet to start work there but they seem to have so much positive reviews about me that would mean high expectations for my work performance. Gosh! It's definitely pressurizing but over the years, I've also learnt that good works are produced only when I'm truly enjoying what I'm doing.
To be honest, I wasn't so sure why I've chosen my fourth advertising company. The working hours bothers me a little, the accounts bothers me too but the boss just makes me feel at ease. They have quite a few impressive works but I'm not sure if that would help en kindle the old flame. I think the main reason is that i was desperate to run away. But no matter what the outcome is, I'm still thankful that Mister G had granted me a place to go to keep my passion alive. Hopefully they are no more wrong turn from this.
Not particularly sure what have I gained in this place. But one thing for certain is that, I've forged many friendships in here that I no longer call them colleagues but friends instead. Soon, I'll even be neighbours with 2 of them. One very surprising thing is that there's so many nice people in here except you know who.. Genuinely nice sort of people. I'm thankful for every single one of them for making my working experience a lot more fruitful and wholesome.
Of late, if you have noticed in my recent entries, I hardly address my boss as my mentor anymore. I've decided to strip him away from such title because I don't find myself looking up to him at all. You can say that he has somehow lost my respect for him. But the strange thing is, he seems to dote on me somehow. I'm not exactly sure why either. I'm not that apple polisher sort and I just mind my own business. Even at times when I made a mistake, I could get away with it but definitely not with some others.
My farewell was fairly similarly to the other 2 suits whom he dotes a lot. I received that same picture frame with messages from different colleagues. Some of which gives me goosebumps after reading. In summary, it just ended on a good note. I've learnt from the past that it's not nice to burn bridges so I've saved all the unnecessary thoughts for here instead.
Actually I'm still questioning about my promotion. I wonder if I have grown as an art director but i wasn't aware of it? (I guess I'll have to test this out in my new workplace to know.) Or I might still have a junior art director's skill and mentality? Lately there's even this queer message from one of my ex-colleagues that says my new boss and his ex senior head thinks my work is good. Isn't it too quick on jumping the gun? I have yet to start work there but they seem to have so much positive reviews about me that would mean high expectations for my work performance. Gosh! It's definitely pressurizing but over the years, I've also learnt that good works are produced only when I'm truly enjoying what I'm doing.
To be honest, I wasn't so sure why I've chosen my fourth advertising company. The working hours bothers me a little, the accounts bothers me too but the boss just makes me feel at ease. They have quite a few impressive works but I'm not sure if that would help en kindle the old flame. I think the main reason is that i was desperate to run away. But no matter what the outcome is, I'm still thankful that Mister G had granted me a place to go to keep my passion alive. Hopefully they are no more wrong turn from this.

