This is long overdue but as I was flipping my journal, I chance upon some scribbling by a stranger- who helped me back when I was travelling to London last year.
It was after the world youth day event and I was heading to meet my friend tm in London. As I was waiting for my flight gates to be opened at the Madrid airport, there were some changes for the gate opening and passengers for the flight were rushing off from one area to another. The next thing I knew, I was standing beside this girl who decides to strike a conversation with me. Glad to know she was also a world youth day participant and we shared a little about our experiences.
Since our flight was free seating, so we sat together and continued on talking about where we're from and why we're heading to London. I remember experiencing fear creeping up at my doorstep because I was all alone in a foreign country and had to navigate myself around to the appointed destination to meet tm. Yet this stranger who was very familiar with London was very reassuring and helpful. She could have taken a faster and shorter route to her destination but she choose to accompany me further till i'm much closer to my destination. Somehow it just felt as if mister G was the one guiding and taking care of me through my journey. Eventually the stranger had reached her destination of East Croydon. But before we parted, she gave me a lot of instructions to ensure that I'll reach my destination safely and with that, we parted ways with a goodbye hug!
It was after the world youth day event and I was heading to meet my friend tm in London. As I was waiting for my flight gates to be opened at the Madrid airport, there were some changes for the gate opening and passengers for the flight were rushing off from one area to another. The next thing I knew, I was standing beside this girl who decides to strike a conversation with me. Glad to know she was also a world youth day participant and we shared a little about our experiences.
Since our flight was free seating, so we sat together and continued on talking about where we're from and why we're heading to London. I remember experiencing fear creeping up at my doorstep because I was all alone in a foreign country and had to navigate myself around to the appointed destination to meet tm. Yet this stranger who was very familiar with London was very reassuring and helpful. She could have taken a faster and shorter route to her destination but she choose to accompany me further till i'm much closer to my destination. Somehow it just felt as if mister G was the one guiding and taking care of me through my journey. Eventually the stranger had reached her destination of East Croydon. But before we parted, she gave me a lot of instructions to ensure that I'll reach my destination safely and with that, we parted ways with a goodbye hug!

